How to apply for a dropped kerb in Kent

Are you in need of a dropped kerb (or vehicle crossover) but don’t know where to start?

Read through our step-by-step process to guide you from application to installation:

  1. Visit and read through the information. An ‘application guidance pdf’ is available to download. This document will help you ascertain the viability of your application.
  2. Check your local district or borough council website to see if planning permission is required for dropped kerbs.
  3. Accompany your application with a photo of the property, planning permission or written confirmation of exemption, and a sketch of the proposed access point. At the time of writing, applications cost £441, with a £204 refund if the application is declined.
  4. If your application is successful, you will receive a ‘Vehicle Crossover Approval Notice’ by post or email. This document is crucial for contractors like Cordès Horticultural Ltd to provide an accurate estimate.
  5. Upon accepting our estimate, we would then apply for a permit and a date to complete the works.
  6. Once the permit has been granted and the date confirmed we would construct your vehicle crossover to the exacting standards outlined by KCC, leaving you with a safe and attractive entrance to your property.

For all dropped kerb enquiries in CANTERBURY and THANET districts, please send your Approval Notice by email to or by WhatsApp to 07762 555819


Q: Do I need permission to have a dropped kerb?

A: The only time you don’t require permission is on a private road.

Q: How much do you charge?

A: Our prices start at £2,400+VAT for basic 6 kerb drop.

Q: What areas do you cover?

A: Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay, Birchington, Westgate, Margate, Ramsgate, Broadstairs.

Q: Do I get to choose my surface?

A: Either tarmac or concrete will be specified in your Approval Notice.

Latest Posts

No posts